Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekly Recap: Lots of Miles and Chicago!

Total miles this week:  42 miles!!  That is a record for me.

Last year durning my training for my first marathon I only ran up to the mid 30's at most.  Well I think.  I didn't even keep track.  But I know it was probably low to mid 30s during my peak week. 

Monday:  5 easy miles.  Felt good

Tuesday:  8 solid miles.  Wanted to get in a tempo run but didn't quite happen.

Wednesday:  4 easy miles.  Foot pain begins (after wearing high heels all day at work).  Boo! No pain while running but pain when barefoot and especially in my high heel shoes.  

Thursday:  Swam 350 yards

Friday:  5 easy miles.  Foot feeling better and perfect when running.

Saturday:  17 mile long run!  Overall felt pretty good.  It was hard at times though.  My legs were feeling great.  Mild aches and pains but nothing major.  I felt great after the run!  I do wish I could have had negative splits.  This worries me a little that I will hit a wall like I did last year.  I am glad I have a couple  more months to work on this. 

Sunday:  3 mile recovery run in Chicago!!  (pics below) Awesome!  Get's me so excited for the marathon!  Legs felt good.  But my foot was hurting in the morning.  As soon as I put on my running shoes though, the pain disappeared.  I want this foot pain to disappear for good please!!

Ryan and I met up with some amazing friends, Matt and Swati, in Chicago!
Ryan, Me, Swati, Matt



We went to Navy Pier and went on the Spirit Cruise for dinner and fireworks.
Navy Pier
Me and my love
Fireworks at Navy Pier


It was a late night but we were up by 8 to get in a quick run.
Hilton:  Where we stayed and very close to the start of the Chicago Marathon
Beautiful scenery!
Ryan kept taking pics

Love Chicago!
3 mile recovery run done!
Bye Chicago!  See you in October!


1 comment: