Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sweaty and Sweet Sixteen!

16 mile run done!!

It was hot of course.  In the 80s at the start with a heat index in the 90s.  No signs of letting up around here though, so it had to get done.

I was so impressed how many runners were on the monon trail today. It was one of the most crowded times I have ever seen it.  I thought I was going to be the only crazy one running in this heat.

The first few miles I felt like I could cut the air with a knife.  Then I got used to it????  I actually felt pretty good miles 5-8.  Although my pace was a little slower than it has been for my longs runs so I think that helped.  Average overall pace was 9:10/mile.  The last few miles really brought the overall pace up.  No negative splits today.

Lisa and I ran the first 8 together and then met up with Katie to complete the 16 miler.  I was so happy to see Katie at mile 8.  She had cold gatorade for us and even brought me cold water to pour on my head.
Refreshing!



The water felt so good!  Next time though I will only pour it over my head and not down my back because my clothes were soaked and felt uncomfortable.

The last few miles I was tired!  But good news:  my legs felt strong and no pain.  I think I stayed pretty hydrated during the run.  I also am really liking swedish fish to go along with the clif shot blocks.
My running essentials


I have to say the long run is my favorite run of the week.

I am now in the thick of marathon training.  Next week is another intense week and then I will have a taper week.

What also made the day great was I got to spend one on one time with Kaitlyn and then Jackson.
Kaitlyn and  I went to Orange Leaf.
Kaitlyn and her frozen yogurt

My chocolatey dish

Yummy!

Then Jackson and I went to see Cars 2.  I thought it was cute.  Jackson was really into it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment