Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cross training

Today was a rest day on my training schedules (yes I have many and decide what I feel like doing for the day).  I really didn't want to rest but I really really don't want to get an injury from running too much.  But exercise is addicting!  The more you do it, the more you like it.

What to do?  Oh yes, I decided to do some cross training.  My neighborhood pool is literally 30 seconds away.  So I walked on over and did some laps in the pool.

I am a horrible swimmer.  I think the life guard was laughing at me.  Oh well.  I am not sure if I got a good work out.  It is hard for me to tell because you don't sweat.  Now I get to run tomorrow:)
What is your favorite cross training work out?

1 comment:

  1. Nothing ever feels as good as a run but I am going to start cross training on Fridays (which are one of two rest days for me). I plan to bike and possibly add in swimming at the YMCA. I too suck at swimming so I need to find a time when nobody else is around swimming laps. I am not sure I will even be able to stay in the lane or even make more than one lap!

    ReplyDelete