Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time to start the Training Plan

I have done a couple of half marathons recently and a 4.5 mile race.  They have kept my mind off the Chicago Marathon but now it's time to start concentrating on my training plan for the marathon.
I still don't have a concrete plan but have looked at many.  Still deciding... but will probably do a combination of several.

On Tuesday I did a 5 mile run.  Nice steady pace.  Felt strong.  The temperature was in the mid-60s and that felt good!  Lately I have been running in 70 degrees and it amazes me how much easier it is to run in even 5 degree cooler temps.

The day started off well and it ended great too!  Once a month several of the ladies in my neighborhood go out to eat at a local restaurant and last night was the night.  Yummy!

Today I did a run that I saw off another runner's blog.

1 Mile:  Warm up  (I have a problem with this mile.  I always start way too fast.  Today was no exception.  But I am trying.)

2 Miles:  8:30 pace  (Perfect!)

2 Miles: 8:00 pace (Actual 7:58 and 7:51,  but pretty close)

1 Mile:  Cool down ( I have no problem with the cool down miles.  I don't mind slowing my pace down at the end:))

I really enjoyed this run!  I felt like every mile had a goal and I like goals!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment