Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Early Morning Run

I woke up early today!  I met up with my Tuesday morning running friends, Alyssa and Lisa, and we were off and running by 5:45am.  It was early!  But it actually worked out perfect because I needed to get home a little earlier and still wanted to run 8 miles.

It is so nice running with these girls!  They talk and talk and it makes the miles fly by.  I try to chime in too but am not the best at telling stories while running.

Our pace was steady for the first 5 miles. Ranging between 8:00-8:30 min/mile.  Then I thought I needed to slow down for a bit.  I ran the next 2 miles a little slower but was able to pick up the pace again for the last mile.  I am glad when I am able to pick up the pace at the end of my runs.  Now I just need to do this in races:)

My legs felt heavy while running today.  Tonight they feel even more tired.  I am glad this week is a taper week.  Only 12 miles for my long run this weekend. (I can't believe I am now saying ONLY 12 miles)

I am so thankful that I am able to run!  I hope I never lose my passion for running or the ability to run!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment