Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Running with Family

My brother, Mike, is visiting this week so I got to do a run with him this morning.  We also met up with my Tuesday morning running buddies, Lisa and Alyssa.
Me and Mike


Mike is training for his first half marathon.  Our hometown, LaPorte, is having its first half marathon in August.  My husband, my sister, my brother and I are planning on running it.  Fun!  Will there be any family rivalry?  I don't think so.  Although my brother said he just wants to beat Katie.  But she is pretty darn fast!  I have never been competitive with Mike.  I think because we never played the same sports.  He loves soccer!  I have never been competitive with Katie either.  She is just the type of person that would walk the last mile of a race with you if you needed too even if she was feeling awesome.  And there is no point with me being competitive with Ryan because I could never be as fast as him.  Ever!

In a perfect world, we would all run the half marathon together and finish at the same time with the clock reading 1:4x:xx.

My dad is planning on running the 5K that day with Kaitlyn, Jackson, and my 2 younger brothers: Andrew(11) and Aaron (8).  It will be a family affair!

Today the goal was to do 8 miles.  Check!  And do some fast miles in there.  We did 1 or 2.

I felt much better than last week when I ran with the speedy girls.  I think what helped was we were going a little slower, I did an easy run yesterday, and the weather was cooler.  Although I didn't quite get the tempo run in today, that is ok.  Maybe on Thursday?

Have you ever ran a race with a family member?
Jaime

1 comment:

  1. Aww, so cute! I'll be running right with you guys and hope to keep up. My pace was so bad today, ugh. I'll need to save up some energy for the Tour de LaPorte bike ride the next day! Yikes! So proud of your running lifestyle Jaime.

    ReplyDelete