Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lesson Learned

Lesson learned today:  Don't do a speed workout and then less than 24 hours later run with 2 speed demons!

I tried to keep up with my 2 speedy friends, Alyssa and Lisa.  But after 3 miles, my legs were on fire!  I had to take a little walking break and then rejoin them to finish off our 5 mile run.  Thanks for slowing down with me the last couple of miles girls:)

Marathon training is hard!  If you read my blog you can see I have some good runs but a lot of hard runs.  I don't completely regret my run today.  At least I went out there and tried.  Also, if I don't push myself I will never get better.  Right?  Next time I will adjust my schedule and not push myself too hard before running with my speedy friends.  I will be ready next time (I hope).

What is the best lesson you learned training for a race?

Good luck to everyone trying to run or workout or just survive in this heat!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment