Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Beautiful Day!

Today was a perfect day for a run!  I got out the door a little later than I wanted to start my run.  But that was ok today.  The air was thin, there was a slight breeze and although it was in the 70's when I ended my run, it felt perfect!
Nathan happy to see me after my run


My goal was to do a 7 mile tempo run today.  2 mile warm-up, 3 miles fast, 2 miles warm down.
When it was time to pick up the pace my legs kept protesting.  So after a half mile of going faster, I dialed the speed back down to my happy pace.  I just enjoyed all the people on the trail today and the cool breeze on my face.  Honestly my legs did not feel great but I still really enjoyed this run!

Overall pace for 7 miles:  8:34min/mile in 1 hour exactly.  Really 1:00:00?  Too funny to hit it 1 hour perfectly.  I had to take a pic...
It was so beautiful on the monon trail that after a quick shower I took the kids back to the trail.  Kaitlyn and Jackson rode their bikes while I got another 2 miles of walking in while pushing Nathan in the stroller. Love these summer days!
K and J on the trail
Then we ate at Bub's on the trail in Carmel.
Where's my food?
I'm hungry too!
Kaityn and Chelsea( our wonderful summer babysitter!)
What a perfect summer day!  How did you enjoy this beautiful weather?
Jaime

2 comments:

  1. You still have a babysitter on your days off? Oh my I am jealous of you now. We went to the pool today. Still have not done my run but only have to do 3 miles. I need to stop reading your blog b/c it makes me feel like I am never doing enough...
    Have you read Born to Run. Reading it now. You would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She comes 4 days/week. So we do overlap 1.5 days. I do feel spoiled! I may do a few more miles than you but I can't keep up with your pace. I tried to go fast today, but my legs would not let me. They like to go long but not fast. Yes, I loved Born to Run!

    ReplyDelete