Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Recap: Long run and road trip to LP.

Saturday morning I woke up early and ran my long run of 14 miles.  Yippee!  I felt great!
I ran the first six miles with my sister, Katie.
My goofy sister...love her!
I love running with my sister.  I hope I can convince her to run a marathon with me someday.  We have run 2 half marathons together and had so much fun.

I then continued on to run 8 more miles for 14 total.  I am so happy with how the run went.  I was able to fuel really well.  I drank my entire gatorade that I carried with me and also stopped at 2 water fountains.  I could not get enough water at the stops.  I also had 2 cliff shot blocks.  I don't really like the taste of these but they are the only things I can get down.  Gu's make sick...literally.  I also had 2 swedish fish candies after each shot block.  They really helped take that salty taste away.  I may continue doing this.  When I finished I did not have any salt crystals caked on my face like I usually do.  Success in hydration!
What do you like to fuel with on long runs?  Any suggestions for runners with sensitive stomachs?

My legs felt great too!  I definitely felt like I could have ran a few more miles.  My last mile was also my fastest.
Me and Indy.  He doesn't mind my sweat like the kids.

I immediately came home, took a shower, packed the kid's bags and then drove 3 hours to my hometown, LaPorte, for my Grandpa's 80th birthday party.
Jackson and Nathan ready to go!
My grandparents had 8 kids!!  They were all at the party along with most of the grandkids and great grandkids.  Busy weekend but so much fun!
Grandpa and Grandma

Grandkids and Great-grandkids
Today was a rest day as far as running.  My legs are not sore at all now.  I will see how they feel running tomorrow.
I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Jaime

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jaime! What a fun time! Is your sister blowing on a horn in that picture?! lol. Kids loved the mohawks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great long run. I know you needed it. You look so darn cute in all your running pictures. I may have to take a running picture just to put something on my blog but I never look as good as you! You have the runner look. I well...don't:) Glad you had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete