Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

PR on the treadmill

Sunday, I had a much needed rest day!  I slept in until 6:30.  Ok maybe not the best start, but it did get better.
I went to see Mr. Poppins Penguins with Kaitlyn.  Then I had mommy time with Jackson and we went to Orange Leaf.  And then I took a looong nap:)  Later that evening we all went to the pool for a little while.

So today my legs were feeling great!  I did a speed workout on the treadmill.  I have not been on the treadmill in months.  I don't really like the treadmill of course.  But I do like it for speed work.  Especially today because...
I ran my fastest mile ever!  (Well, I think it was my fastest.  I remember running a mile for volleyball tryouts and I did run pretty fast but not this fast, I think.)

Mile 1:  Warm up
Mile 2:  8.0 on the treadmill (7:30 min/mile)  This felt easy.  Of course it was only one mile.
1 minute walking cool down
Mile 3:  8.2 (7:19 min/mile)  Still felt easy.
1 minute walking cool down
Mile 4:  Started at 8.4 and ended at 9.3  (Overall pace for this mile:  6:57 min/mile!!!!) My fastest mile ever!  It honestly didn't feel that hard either.
Mile 5:  Cool down mile

I really needed this run.  My paces lately have been so much slower than they were a couple of months ago.  I felt like I was getting slower.  I hope that this is because I am running so many more miles now than I am used to.  Now I know I can run fast (for me) at least for a mile at a time.

After that great run... it was pool time at the gym with the kids.
Indoor pool at gym

Outdoor pool at gym

I am so excited (and nervous) for tomorrow's run!  I am running with 2 FAST girls.  I hope I can keep up.
Happy Monday!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment