Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot and humid

Normally I take Wednesday as a rest day but decided to get a run in early this morning.  The reason why is that I really want to take Friday off before my long run on Saturday.  I am getting really nervous to do a long run in this heat.  It is going to be in the 80s and probably 90+ humidity while I am running.  Ugh!  I need to be as rested as possible.  

My goal was to run 8 miles today.  I knew it was going to be hard with my recent runs.  My plan was to run only on feel.  I was not going to push myself at all.  Just get the miles in...  

The first few miles felt better than expected.  The last few were harder.  Not sure if it was the heat and humidity or my tired legs.  I ran through every sprinkler that was on.  Kind of fun! 

I was back in my neighborhood at mile 7 and was set to stop and call it a day.  But I ran into another neighbor who was running.  I love that I live in a very active neighborhood!  I did another .75 miles with her.  So I finished the day at 7.75 miles.  I'll take it!

I took a sprinkle shower when I was home (with running clothes on:))  It felt soooo good!  

My plan is do another easy run tomorrow.  But my IT band is hurting some tonight.  If it still hurts in the morning then I won't run:(

Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment