Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  It was a fun and busy weekend here.

I was able to get my long run done on Sunday.  I did 12 miles at a nice easy pace with my neighbor, Jennifer.  I am so lucky to have so many neighbors that run!


It was in the 70s and humid again but did feel better than Saturday.  The miles flew by and the run was done before I knew it.  However, I don't think I have ever sweat that much.  My shirt was completely soaked by the end.  I drank so much too!  I used Powerade for the first time and really liked it.  It did not upset my stomach at all.  I usually drink Gatorade but may think about switching now.  I am really happy that I was able to run so much the day after a race.  I have been feeling a little down that my paces are much slower than they used to be.  But I don't think I could have ran a long run after a race last year at this time.  So I think my endurance is improving at least.
(I also need to say that I drove by the race route today and the 2 hills I described were actually mild inclines only.  Wow I suck at any run that isn't completely flat.  My goal this week is to get over to Eagle Creek Park and do a run where there are routes with rolling hills.)

The rest of the weekend was spent with the family.  Lots of cookouts, swimming, and fireworks.  Fun!
Here our a few pics of Kaitlyn, Jackson, and Nathan from the weekend.


1 comment: