Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Garmin woes

It seems like the heat is the topic of conversation lately.  I was lucky enough to get out in the morning again for a 5 mile run before it got really hot.  It was still warm and humid, of course, but didn't bother me as much today.  Is my body finally adjusting?

I wish I knew what my splits were on my run today but my Garmin has not been working perfectly.  It seems like the Garmin can't figure out what pace I am running at in the beginning. Today it told me I was running a 30min/mile pace (umm, no that's walking barely), then a couple of minutes later it said I was at a 20 min pace (still walking slowly), and then 15 etc, etc.  It eventually gets it right and by mile 2 and on it seems to be right on track.  It's not that big of a deal but for my long run this weekend it did it too.  I kept picking up the pace thinking wow my legs aren't moving well.  Then when I hit mile 2 it said I was running an 8:10 pace.  That is too fast for me on my long runs.  Has anyone else ever had this problem?  Most of the time it works perfectly.  

Garmin stats for today:
Mile 1: 9:04 (really faster since the first 5 minutes I know I was faster than 15-30min/mile pace)
Mile 2: 8:22 (That is what I felt like I was running)
Mile 3: 8:05
Mile 4: 8:19
Mile 5: 7:55 
Overall pace:  8:22min/mile???

I will be interested to see what happens during my next run.

Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated!
Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment