Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Weekly Recap: Lots of Cross Training

This is not the weekly recap I wanted to be posting this week.  My plan called for 50 miles of running.  I started out the week right on track to get there.  But then the bad news came...a possible stress fracture in my right foot.

So my running came to a stop and the cross training began.

Yesterday I was supposed to run 20 miles.  This is such an important run and it is very disappointing that I wasn't able to attempt it.

Instead, I spent the day cross training.  I met Christy at her gym and we started off riding the bike. The first hour I felt pretty good.  Then I bumped up the resistance and the next 25 minutes were HARD!  In fact that is the hardest 25 minute work out I have done in a long time.  My legs were on fire.  I wanted to do an hour like that but my legs said NO.  So I turned the resistance way down and did another easy 25 minutes.  Total time on the bike: 1:50.  I think I did around 32-33 miles?  I forgot to keep track.  Christy was a rock star on the bike.  I would have stopped a lot sooner if she wasn't there.  I can't wait to have a running workout with her.
My main source of cardio for the week:(
Christy cruising away on the bike.


Riding the bike just doesn't compare to running.  Hmm. That's all I have to say about that.

Then we went to the pool and swam 500m or 500 yards.  Not sure if the pool was yards or meters.  That was actually fun.  I definitely enjoyed the swimming better than the bike.

It was interesting to me how sore my legs felt after the workout.  But I didn't feel as drained as running makes me.  I thought I would be sore today for sure.  Actually my legs feel pretty good.

Weekly Recap:

Monday:  5 easy miles
Tuesday:  10 wonderful miles (but bad foot pain begins)
Wednesday:  Rest
Thursday:  1 hour bike
Friday:  Rest
Saturday:  1 hour 50 minutes bike, 500 meter swim
Sunday:  20 minutes bike, 700 meter swim (Really enjoyed the swimming again.  Am I turning into a triathlete?  No, probably not.  I still miss running dearly.)

I hope to report some running next week.  Fingers crossed!
Happy Weekend,
Jaime





No comments:

Post a Comment