Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Long Run at Eagle Creek

This week was a taper week on my marathon training plan.  So I only had 12 miles on my schedule.

That sounded too easy.  So I made it a little harder by doing the run at Eagle Creek, which has lots of rolling hills.

Ryan and I made it a running date.  We even hired a babysitter for the morning.  My good friend, Christy, was supposed to join us but wasn't able to make it.  Ryan ran about the first 6 miles with me and then he rode his bike while I finished the 12 miles.  He loves riding so much more than running!
Eagle Creek Date:  No I didn't jump in a lake after my run.  That is sweat.  Hey, I try to look good on my dates.


Another beautiful day at Eagle Creek.  It was overcast so the sun wasn't beating down on me.  It felt cool too.  I was surprised when I checked the weather after the run and it said 77.  Definitely didn't feel that warm.
Overcast day.  This is the only section that is not shaded by trees.  I still think it is beautiful.


My legs felt heavy at the beginning and then felt better after a couple of miles.  But then the hills came.  I need to start loving hills because they are so many marathons that I want to run and  most of them are not flat.  I do love going downhill though.  My legs feel like they can fly and my lungs aren't working hard either.  I wish I always felt like that.  Is that how elite runners feel?

Overall pace for 12 miles: 8:50ish.  There is so much to look at in the park that the miles went by quick.  Before I knew it I was at mile 11 and I picked it up a little with my last mile split at 8:38min/mile.

Tomorrow is a rest day.  I need it to get ready for all the miles I am supposed to run next week.

Happy weekend!
Jaime

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the run but happy Ryan was able to go with you! You are such a cute little runner even when drenched in sweat! Good luck next week packing in the miles! Proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete