Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Horrible Mile

Today was the day to test out my foot...

I knew it wasn't better before I started.  I take that back.  I knew it wasn't healed completely.  It has been feeling better.  I can walk on it with no pain.  But running is a different story.

I wanted to do one slow mile. I told myself that I would run no faster than a 9 minute mile. Ha!  Not only was my foot hurting but my legs felt like jello.  They honestly felt like I had never run before.  They didn't know what to do.  My pace was over 10 min/mile.  My form was off, my foot was in some pain, and my legs were the worst.

What is going on?  I need a more concrete plan.  Do I push through some mild discomfort?  Do I wait until I have zero pain?

I will be very interested to see what my foot feels like tomorrow.

Good night.  At least I can run in my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your foot hurt BUT please keep in mine you have been off for only 1 week. To think you would have zero pain is unrealistic. Clearly it is some better b/c you are using words like "my foot was in SOME pain." Your legs will come back and they will come back quickly when you really get back into it. This marathon is not over for you. You have time. You had already gotten up to 19 miles so even if there was no other super long run you could do it. Happy running in your dreams. I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete