Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

If I Wasn't a Runner...

IF I WASN'T A RUNNER...

1.  I would be able to sleep in 1-2 hours later every morning.

2.  I would be able to walk to the bathroom every morning instead of shuffling because my feet are so tight.

3.  I would have less laundry to do.

4.  I would not have to torture myself with ice baths.

5.  I would have more money to spend on real clothes.

6.  I would have something to talk about besides running.

7.  I would be able to drink more than one glass of wine on a Friday night.



BUT...

IF I WASN'T A RUNNER

1.  I wouldn't get to see the sun rise every morning.

2.  I wouldn't know how good it feels to have every inch of my body and clothes covered with sweat.

3.  I wouldn't have met some amazing friends.

4.  I wouldn't know the pure joy of crossing the finish line after weeks of hard work.

5.  I wouldn't get to eat 1 (or 2) extra pieces of chocolate cake without feeling an ounce of guilt.

6.  I wouldn't believe that runner's high actually exists.

7.  I wouldn't know how hard I could physically and mentally push my body.

8.  AND... I wouldn't know how good finishing a 26.2 mile (or even a 1 mile) run feels.  Don't believe me?  Just try it...at least 1 mile!

I may have to give up a little to be a runner... But running gives me so much more!

Happy Running Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment