Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Long Run: 19 miles!

Whew!  I made it...19 miles!

I had to get in my loooong run today because I am on call this weekend.  Glad it's done.

And holy cow what a difference the cooler weather makes.  It was in the low 60s, instead of the 70/80s I have been used to running in.  It felt so much easier.

At the start, my legs were already tired.  Today was the 4th day I have ran in a row and I am not used to that.  But my legs held up pretty well.  Good job legs!

However my stomach did not do so well.  I felt nauseous again.  I haven't been feeling the best the last couple of days.  I may have a little virus.  I wasn't able to drink as much either.  Good thing the weather was cooler.  I don't think I would have made it otherwise.

I have never had problems with my toenails like a lot of runners do.  But today I had my first experience with that... My big toenail hurt so bad.  I have never heard runners say that it hurt that bad.   They just seem to be annoyed by it.  But it hurt me!  I thought, Am I going to have to stop because of my toenail pain?  I thought it would be bleeding or bruised when I was done.  It looked fine.  Hmm.

My overall pace was 8:56 for the 19 miles.  I kept a pretty even pace over the entire run.  I am so happy about that.  No slowing down today.  Obviously the weather helped.  My last mile came in at 8:49. Much better!

I wanted to say thank you for all the comments people have left on my blog and on my facebook page!  I never thought anyone would care to read my boring blog about running.  Writing is not my strength but I have enjoyed documenting my running journey so far.

Happy Running!
Jaime

1 comment:

  1. 19 miles is GREAT!! The pace was also great. So happy for you! Now....take a rest day:)

    ReplyDelete