Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Trying to Stay Positive

Even though my run yesterday went horrible, my foot did not hurt worse today.  The one and only positive thing about that run.

I ran 2 miles on the treadmill today.  2 slow and awkward miles.  My legs felt better.  Good.  My foot felt the same.  Bad.  It feels like a bad cramp.  Is this to be expected?  Should I push through this discomfort?  Will I make things worse?  I know who has the answer...Mr. MRI.

I almost called the ortho doctor.  I think I will wait until next week now.

I also did 3 miles on the elliptical machine.   At least I have no pain on that.

This weekend I was supposed to run in the LP half marathon.  I can't help to think about how this race would have gone.  13 miles would have been a taper run for me.

Now I can't even run 13 minutes without pain.

Ok that's enough feeling sorry for myself today.

4 things I am grateful for:
1.  I can still exercise.
2. My kids go to an amazing school.
3.  My cleaning lady came today.
4.  It's almost Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment