Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Weekly Recap: Ended on a High Note

Today I ran 9 miles with Katie.  It was the first time in a long time when I ran an entire run with someone.  Lately,  I always have to finish off a few miles after my running partners are done.  I was very happy to have someone by my side the entire time.

I wasn't sure how my legs would feel after running 19 miles two days ago.  But I took yesterday completely off, so I thought they would be fine.  They were...

We ran 9 miles with our average pace at 8:23min/mile.  Our last mile came in at 8:10.  I am very happy with this run and how I felt.  My sister said I just about killed her on our run.  But she did just fine.  I am sure I would not have ran that fast if she wasn't with me.

This is how my week went:

Monday: 4 miles (felt good)
Tuesday: 9 miles (some stomach issues)
Wednesday:  4 easy miles (slow and easy)
Thursday:  19 miles  (stomach issues but happy with run)
Friday: Rest
Saturday:  9 miles (fastest medium long run I have ran in awhile)
Sunday: Rest

Today miles for the week:  45 miles!

I think next week will be the hardest week for me.  I have to increase my mileage again.  And I am coming off a high mileage week.  After next week, my training plan will start having a taper week every other week.  So I will be getting in more recovery time.

Happy Weekend!
Jaime


No comments:

Post a Comment