Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekly Recap: Some Running Included

I was supposed to run the LP Half Marathon this weekend.  But my stupid foot wouldn't let me.  Bad foot!

I was mad on Saturday.  So I went to the gym and ran 5 slow and hard miles on the treadmill.  My legs felt so heavy.  My foot was hurting.  Again feels like a cramp.  I hope I am not making it worse.  When I stop running my foot feels fine though.  I really need to go back to the doctor to know what I should do. I am pretty sure I don't have a stress fracture though because I know that my pain threshold is not high enough to  let me run on that type of injury.  But there is something going on.  Just not exactly sure what it is???

I couldn't have ran another mile on the treadmill.  Due to the pain getting to me and that I was physically tired.  So I hopped on the elliptical and did 7 more miles.  Even though I hate the elliptical, I am thankful that I can do this machine with no pain. It is so much more enjoyable to work out when there is no pain.

My brother and sister both did the half marathon on Saturday.  They ran it in 1:55.  So happy for them!  My sister even made the local paper.
Katie as she crosses the finish line.  I know she will love that I put this picture on my blog:)


Ryan rode his bike in the Tour de LaPorte today.  He rode 63 miles!  I was very impressed especially considering his longest bike ride this summer has only been 35 miles.  We were able to cheer him on from my Dad's house as he rode by with a group of riders.

It turned out to be a pretty fun weekend.

This is how my week played out:

Monday:  6 miles on elliptical
Tuesday:  Rest
Wednesday:  1 horrible running mile
Thursday:  2 running miles, 3 miles on elliptical
Friday:  2 running miles, Swam 750 meters
Saturday:  5 running miles, 7 miles on elliptical
Sunday:  Rest


Hope everyone had a safe and fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment