Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Or is it one step forward and two steps back???

Lesson:  Just because my foot is ok to run does not mean it is ready to handle the kind of miles it takes to run a marathon.

Today's run was HARD!  I don't think I can really put into words how hard it was.  First of all it was HOT.  85 degrees during my run.  Since I have not been outside running the last few weeks my body is no longer adjusted to these temps.

The first mile, I felt amazing.  My legs were moving great and I ran it in 8:20.  What was I thinking?  I am not ready to run this fast.  I am training for a marathon not a sprint.  So I felt like I was going to die the last part of my run.

My foot was still feeling great (unlike the rest of me) until mile 5.  Then the cramping feeling came.  It was even worse than yesterday.  Obviously I don't have a full stress fracture if I can run on it.  But something is going on.  I have an appointment next week with my ortho doctor.  I hope to get more answers then.

I managed to get through 7 miles.  Overall pace was 8:52min/mile.

7 miles at this pace and at this point in my training should feel easy.  Not even close.  Which means I am not even close to being able to run the Chicago Marathon NEXT month.

Onto some good news...
Today is my sister's birthday!  Happy Birthday Katie!  I was able to meet her for lunch today at Cafe Patachou.  One of our favorite restaurants.  It was yummy.
Sisters are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment