Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekly Recap: One more month?

The Chicago Marathon is now less than a month away.  I still don't know if I will be able to run it or not.  I get my MRI tomorrow so I hope after that I will have a better idea of what is going on with my foot.  Hopefully I will also have a plan on how to get rid of this pain.

If I do run it, I will not be as prepared as I would like.  That is one thing that I hate- Not being prepared.  I may not be the most athletic person but I am good at making a plan and following through on it.  I guess you could say I am determined.  But this injury has made it impossible for me to follow my plan.  I had to take almost 2 weeks off from running (during 2 intense training weeks).  And once I came back my training has been it or miss for the last 2 weeks.

The one word I would use to describe my long run today was FRUSTRATING.

I was frustrated that my foot was hurting so bad.
I was frustrated that I can't go as fast as I used to.
I was frustrated that my taper long run felt so hard.
I was frustrated that I didn't get a MRI 3 weeks ago when this pain started.
I was frustrated that my garmin wasn't working.
I was also frustrated that my Notre Dame is 0-2, really?

I know my complaints are silly.  And I do realize one thing:
I ALREADY HAVE EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD I COULD EVER WANT.

I will try very hard to remember this tomorrow...no matter what the MRI results are.

Weekly Recap:

Monday:  Elliptical 4 miles, Swim 1000 meters
Tuesday:  Rest
Wednesday:  Rest
Thursday: 6 miles
Friday: 7 miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 14 miles

Pictures from this weekend:
Kaitlyn walking with her gymnastic's team in the Zionsville Parade.
Kaitlyn doing a cartwheel.

Kaitlyn and her best friend Alexis
Jackson waving at the parade.  He scored 4 goals in his soccer game that was right before the parade.
Nathan in awe over the parade.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment