Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Recap: The Taper

Last double digit run before the Chicago Marathon done!  On Saturday I started my taper and only ran 12 miles.

The positives:  My legs felt fresh and light.  Just how they should feel at this point.  I also felt pretty good cardiovascular wise.  The weather was perfect for a run and the trail was packed with happy runners.

The negatives:  My foot, my foot, my foot.  I thought since I haven't been running as many miles my foot would start to feel better.  Not at all.  It is exactly the same.  My running form is so awkward the first mile because I am trying to figure how to run and not make it hurt.  As time goes on, my foot pain dulls or maybe I am able to adjust my running form and not land on that part of my foot as much.

My overall pace for 12 miles was 8:36 min/mile.  My first mile was 9 min/mile.  I basically ran each mile a little faster and my last mile was 8:14 min/mile.  I wasn't trying to do a progression run but that is what happened.  At first I was feeling really good about this run.  Then I did something I shouldn't have done. I looked back through my garmin at my old runs.  Back in February, I ran 12 miles at an average pace of 8:12 min/mile.  Also most of my short runs 5-7 miles were averaging in the 7:50 range.  I have done all this running and am slower.  And now my garmin won't work.  I guess I did something going through all the old data?  It is just a blank screen.

Weekly Recap:

Monday:  3 miles
Tuesday:  5 miles
Wednesday:  Rest
Thursday:  6 miles
Friday:  Swim 1000 meters
Saturday:  12 miles

When I look at my weekly recap it doesn't seem like enough.  But I need to trust my taper plan.  Only 2 more weeks!                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment