Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekly Recap: The Good and The Bad

Not really in the mood to write a weekly recap because there is more bad than good but here we go.

First The Good:
I ran 19 miles on Saturday!  I was really surprised I made it since I haven't ran any long runs in awhile.  Cardiovascular wise I felt great.  I guess cross training really does help keep that part up.  My legs were getting tired a little sooner than normal. But I made it so I will just be happy with that.

My foot felt the same from mile 1 to mile 19.  Mild with the occasional moderate cramping.  Obviously it didn't feel that bad during the run because I made it 19 miles.

I ran with my friend Jacque and her sister Aimee.  They are both running the Chicago Marathon too!  It was nice to run with them.  We were definitely talking a lot which made the miles go by faster.  I wouldn't say they flew by but overall the time did go pretty fast.
Sisters:  Jacque and Aimee


So now The Bad:
I can't even walk on my foot today without pain.  Bad, bad, bad.  I can stand on it just fine.  But I have a lot of pain when I extend (lift up) my toes.  Extensor tendonitis?  Every step requires this movement so every step is painful.  There is absolutely no way I could run with this pain.

I go to the ortho doctor again on Thursday.  I hope our conversation goes something like this:  He says, "Jaime you do have some inflammation/tendonitis in your foot.  Here is a little steroid pack.  After a few days the pain will go away and you will be able to run like normal."  That would be nice.  Really nice.



In the mean time, I guess I will be back at the gym doing cross training.


Weekly Recap:

Monday: 5 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 5.7 miles
Thursday:  7 miles
Friday:  Rest
Saturday: 19 miles
Sunday:  Rest

Total miles: 36.7 miles

2 comments:

  1. You ran 19 miles and a total of 36.7 miles for the week so by all accounts there is A LOT more good than bad on this post. In comparison I ran ZERO! That is bad! You need some steroids and a couple days of rest and you WILL be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy! I hope some steroids are all that I need. I am sick of being in pain. And you are right this week really had more good than bad, but just ended with the bad. Did you run with your friend today?

    ReplyDelete