Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dear Foot,

I understand that you are hurt.  I know you are broken and need rest.  However, it is time for you to start feeling better.  It has been six weeks now.  That is long enough to cause pain.  I have given you several weeks of rest.   I have done lots and lots of cross-training to give you more rest.

It is time for you to heal up and make the pain go away.  It is time to run 26.2 miles!  Do you understand?  You can not be selfish anymore.  The rest of your body wants to run.  Your legs are ready, your mind is ready, but are you ready?

I feel you resisting.  You seem to be causing more pain these last few days.  I have given you even more rest.  I let you relax all day in the boot that the rest of your body does not like.

I will even make a deal with you little foot.  If you suck it up and let us run the entire 26.2 miles with little pain, I will give you several weeks more rest when we are done with this thing called the Chicago Marathon.

Thank you,
Your Body

1 comment:

  1. Dear Body,
    I will get you thru this marathon and you will end up with your best time ever and hit your goal. Having said that, you are mistaken to think you have given me 6 weeks to recover. I am broken and you continue to run on me. It hurts but I put up with it b/c I know how much this race means to you. As for the boot, I am not much a fan either but it may be important and using on a prn basis will not help. Once this race is over, I deserve a real break in order to heal. That means NO running. None..are you hearing me? Giving me 5 days off..once... was like cruel joke. I will heal and you will love the way I feel once again if I am given the chance.

    Sincerely,
    Your foot

    ReplyDelete