Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Running in the Rain

I love running in the rain!  I had a great time running today as it poured down rain.  I loved splashing in the puddles and listening to the raindrops.

My work out did not go as planned by any means though.  I know my little foot injury needs some TLC so I had planned to just run 2 miles on the gym treadmill and then go swimming.  But Nathan has croup.  His stridor is so bad you can hear him from several rooms away.  I knew if I dropped him off at the gym daycare they would say... No Way crazy lady are we watching your son.

I knew Ryan would be home for lunch so after I put Nathan down for a nap, I went for a quick run.  My legs and foot were feeling pretty good this morning so I was hopeful for a good run.  Not so much.  My legs are still heavy from the 20 miler and my foot is not better.  You would think after 5 weeks (yes I have been dealing with this injury for 5 weeks:(, my foot would start to improve.  Bone injuries take a long time to heal I guess.  Anyway I went for a horribly slow 3 mile run.

Good thing it started to pour though.  Because I stopped my garmin and tried to shield it from the rain and just enjoyed how wonderful the rain felt.
Running in the Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment