Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Running on a Stress Fracture

Everything about my title seems wrong.  I am glad I was given the green light to run though.

Today was my first run since I found out I have a stress fracture.  It didn't feel good.

I am having second thoughts about running the Chicago Marathon.  Is this really the smart thing to do?
I ran 5 miles today at a 8:49 pace and it was hard.  I think why it feels so hard is because I am not running efficiently.  The reason, I think, is because I am trying to compensate for my foot pain.

I then went to the gym and did 4.5 miles on the elliptical.  I wanted to do 5 but could not make it.  It is so boring and I was exhausted.  This weekend I am supposed to double this work out (10 running miles, 10 miles on the elliptical).

I am torn on what to do.  I really want to run the Chicago Marathon.  But I really really want to be able to run MANY more marathons in the future.

I guess I will just keep pushing forward (carefully), listen to my body, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment