Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekly Recap: One more week?????

This has been the biggest roller coaster ride...  My training started off slow, then went well, then came the injury, then some recovery, then bam my foot gives out.

I ran my last significant run on Saturday and it finally happened.  My foot crashed!  I knew it was coming. My foot has been hurting more.  When I run I always have a cramping feeling in my foot with occasional shooting pains that last about a minute.  On Saturday, the shooting pain did not go away.  I literally could not walk on it at all over the weekend.  I was even using crutches.

I wanted to get in to see the ortho doctor but he couldn't get me in today.  What?  I guess this is how the real world works.  But as a Pediatrician, this would never happen in our office.  If a patient wants to be seen, we will fit them in.  Anyway, he did order me an xray.  (Which is really just what I wanted anyway.) Xray results:  completely normal.  Still can't see my stress fracture (which is normal).  But at least no further damage was done?

He said... I can run and to use pain as my guide.

So will I run the Chicago Marathon in 6 days?

I don't know yet.  I am not going to run at all this week.  I will just wait and see how much better my foot feels by Sunday.  If my pain does not significantly improve, I will not be able to run.

Weekly Recap:

Monday: 6 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 5 miles
Friday:  Rest
Saturday: 8 miles (My legs felt so good on this run, too bad my foot didn't)
Sunday: Rest

Not much running went on last week so I am not sure why my foot decided to act up.

No comments:

Post a Comment