Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Trip to Brown County

Kaitlyn and Jackson were on fall break this past Thursday and Friday.  We took our third annual trip to Brown County State Park.  It is absolutely beautiful there this time of year.
Brown County State Park


We stayed in a cabin called The Snoozing Moose Lounge for 2 nights this year.  It is so cozy and secluded.  The views from the porches were amazing.
Porch at the Cabin

Warm and Cozy

The kids loved playing around in the leaves, playing family games, and their favorite thing was the hot tub.  My favorite thing was just hanging out with them.
Front Porch
Hot Tub


We also did lots of hiking at the State Park.  Nothing too intense though with a two year old.
Lots of Trails
Climbing Trees
Nathan loves to be outside!
Our dog, Indy


It was a perfect little get away.  I didn't check my phone, email, or blogs for 2 days.  Just what I needed...no feeling bad about how I am not running 10+ miles at at 7 something pace, not worrying about work, laundry, etc.  Just relaxing.

But when I came back to the real world...I had a big present waiting for me.  The pavement!
Yes it has been 3 weeks and my foot is feeling great.  So I did it.

My first run back.  I was scared at first.  Would my legs remember what to do, would my foot hold up, would my lungs be able to keep up.

I felt great for the first mile.  8:20 pace.  I thought...Yes, cross training does work.  Then, oooh, my legs feel heavy, my lungs are burning, and every mile seems to take forever.  But then I remembered how grateful I am to be running at all.  So I slowed down (a lot) and just enjoyed myself.  I did pick it up for the last mile.  I ran just over 5 miles at an average pace of 8:36.
The Monon Trail was Beautiful


I need to work on my endurance.  I need to work on losing these 5+ pounds I have gained while not running.  I need to work on not getting injured again.

But, I love, love, love running.  Yes spinning is ok.  Swimming is fun.  Core work is hard (I did this the first time on Monday and I am still sore).  But nothing compares to running for me.  It is part of me.  I feel complete again.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment