Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My First Spin Class

Today I took my first spin class.  It was sweatastic!  I have heard from so many people what a great workout spin classes were and it did not disappoint.  My work schedule was flipped around this week and so I had this morning off work.  Ryan also had some free time this morning so we both went to the spin class.

This is the best work out I have had in months.  Since my foot caused me so much pain while running, I was not able to push myself for a long time.  I have been swimming a lot but I still never feel like I get in a great work out.  I felt so good after today's workout.

The instructor was also amazing.  She pushed us but also kept giving inspirational words throughout the work out.  It is very rainy here today and so she said things like, "May you be the sunshine for everyone you meet today."  So cute.

If you are intimated to take a class at the gym, this is the class for you.  First setting up the bike is easy and there will be many people there that can help you.  There are no steps to learn.  Also you could have your resistance at the highest or lowest point and no one will know.  Everyone works at their own pace.

Even though I am excited for my next spin class, I wish I could run so much more.  But still no running for awhile.

Foot update: My foot feels great!  I can finally walk on it with no pain.  I hope to be running again in a couple of weeks.  Until then I will be doing lots of swimming and hopefully spinning too.

No comments:

Post a Comment