Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Chicago Marathon Goals

I have ONE goal for this race:  TO FINISH! (with no further injury)

I honestly don't know if I will be able to finish.  I have never said this before a race.  But I will be running on a significant injury.  What if the pain becomes too much?

I will have no time goals for this race.  On one hand this is good because it takes all the pressure off.  But it does make me sad.  I really, really want to run a sub 4 hour marathon.  I know I am capable of it (when healthy).  Someday I will!!!  But this weekend will not be the time.

I usually tell myself-no walking in races.  This weekend, unfortunately, I know there will be lots of walking.  I just don't want to have to start walking early on.  That won't be good for my foot either.

So I guess I am going to start this race.  I hope to finish but don't be surprised if I don't.  Man that is painful to say.

Even though this race will not be what I had planned, overall the journey this summer has been great.

I was able to run with some great running friends and meet some more great running friends.
Me, Lisa and Jacque.  Lisa and Jacque will definitely be kicking butt this  weekend!

Jennifer and Me.  Jennifer will be running her marathon next month.
I can't believe I don't have any pictures with my super speedy friend Alyssa.  Next training cycle...


I ran with a lot of family.  My husband, my daughter, my sister, and even my brother.
Ryan and me after a hot and hilly run at Eagle Creek.  I can't wait to be able to push myself like that again.

The best pacer around-Miss  Kaitlyn
Me and Katie.  She is a natural runner.

Mike and me.  He kicked butt in his first half marathon this summer.  I hope he gets the running bug now.

I even did some hard cross training with a great friend.
Christy making the bike look easy.  Unfortunately Christy also has an injury that will prevent her from running the Chicago Marathon this year.  She will be running her marathon next year.


Not a bad running summer at all.  It's the journey that matters and not the destination, right?

The race is on Sunday.  I am nervous but in a much different way than I normally am before a race.  Until then I will be resting and icing...Maybe that will help?

1 comment: