Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

My Thoughts on the Gym

I went to the gym 4 times this week.  I am pretty sure that is a record for me.  Even though I love to exercise, I don't love the gym.

I don't feel like I fit in to the gym stereotype.  There are so many cute girls/women there with their cute little outfits and their hair and make up just perfect.  Definitely not me!

But I continue to go because... I can't run.

I  did another spinning class today.  I think I finally found something that will hold me over until I can run again.  I was a sweaty mess.  The class was packed today.  Maybe 50 people.  They actually ran out of spin bikes.

Now even though the class is made up of all shapes and sizes, the front row of girls (and a few guys) are definitely hard core.  I guess some people love biking as much as running.  I don't get it;)

The biggest thing I don't get at the gym is the people that read a book or magazine while they are working out.  Are you there to read or workout?  If I can read then I am not working hard enough.  To me it's like studying while watching TV.  It can be done, but not very well.

There are many other things I don't quite get.  I think I could get burnt out from the gym pretty quick but I have a big goal to reach.  That sub 4 hour marathon will be mine.  Someday!  Until then, I will see you at the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment