Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Quick Update

It's been awhile since I have written a post.  Probably because I didn't want to sound like a broken record...

My foot is still hurting and I have been doing lots of cross training.

Actually my 2nd metatarsal stress fracture feels great.  However I am having pain in a few different spots in the same foot.  I have been taking the running really easy.  Running only 2-3x/week and very low mileage.

I have been spinning, swimming and ellipticalling.  Not as much fun but I hope it keeps me in descent shape until I can really start running again.

Even though my running has been minimal I have two fun races coming up.  I am doing a 10K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and Half Marathon in Vegas in about 2 weeks.  I have to keep telling myself that I am not in racing condition.  I am very competitive with myself and I know my times will not be something that I will be proud of.  But I do not want to push myself and get more hurt either.

I can't wait to start posting some positive reports about running.  Until then I will keep pushing myself in the gym.

Happy Running (and cross training)!

No comments:

Post a Comment