Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Welcome Back Legs

Today I had my first sub 8 minute run since my injury.  It was so nice to look at my garmin and see the 7:40s.

I need these legs to continue to hold up because I have a 9 mile run scheduled for this week.  Even though my speed is slowly coming back, my endurance is taking a little longer.  Maybe one reason for this is because I am doing my long runs a little too fast.  I have been running with my good friend, Christy, and we are both horrible pacers.  We both say that we are going to take it easy and our first mile usually comes in just over an 8 minute pace (which is NOT easy for me).  I am usually struggling pretty bad at the end of our runs.

Also I think I am going to have to cut back on my spin classes.  I usually go to 2-3 classes/week and need to cut it down to 1-2, I think.  My legs are just tired all the time.  I want to be able to run on fresh legs sometime.  Swimming is not a problem.  I have only made it to the pool 2 times since I started running again.

I don't want to complain at all though.  I am just so happy that I can run again and increasing the miles is the best!

Besides some wonderful running the weekend, I also enjoyed this amazing weather with the family.

We went to the zoo today with my mom and my sister's family and we all had a great time.  Nathan was excitingly screaming at most of the animals.  It was hilarious!
Owen, Jackson and Kaitlyn looking at the seal lions.
Kaitlyn, Nathan, Jackson, Owen, Me, Katie and Kennedy on the train at the zoo.
Ryan trying to get a picture with everyone looking.
Random picture of Jackson-He is so proud of his hair
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment