Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just Kidding

My legs are not back.  Not even close...

I ran a painfully hard 9 miles today.  I think you can call it running.

I have a lot of excuses why it was so hard:

1.  It was warm out.  76 degrees at the finish.  My body does not do well in the heat.
2.  I have not cut back on my spinning enough.  I tried on Monday to take it easy but the instructed totally called me out.  Her exact words, "Why waste your time being here if you are not going to push yourself."  I am pretty sure she was talking to me.  So I did push myself.
3.  I haven't ran 9 miles since December 4.  That's a long time off.

I know I should be thankful:
Thankful I can run 9 miles, thankful my foot is healed, thankful I can run at all!

But...
I am feeling pretty defeated about the run.  I honestly would have walked the last 2 miles if I had not been running with Christy.  She was a huge support for me today!  I did not stop because of her and although I may have clocked in my slowest mile ever the last mile, I did not walk.

I feel like my body has forgotten how to run long distances.  I have blisters all over my feet, my stomach is upset, and I have lost all endurance.  Remember body we LOVE to run?!  The longer the better, right?!

That is the thing about running though... It is not easy!  Somedays you may feel great but a lot of runs are just plain hard.

Don't worry though I will get back out there.

Happy Running!

1 comment:

  1. You will get it ALL back. Both the speed and the distance. You ran 9 miles. Did you hear that.... you RAN (not walked) 9 miles. You are working your way back and I LOVE running with you!

    ReplyDelete