Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finally in the Double Digits Again

I ran 10 miles today!  My last double digit run was on December 4th.  It has been almost four months...way too long.

I am so happy with how my runs have gone this week.  After last weeks painful 9 miler, I could have thrown in the towel.  I could have thought... I will never be as fast as my friends (ok this is still true-I have some really fast friends!), I will never be back to my old running self, I will never be able to run long again, etc.  But I just kept my head up and kept trying.

To recap:

Sunday:  I ran 3 miles while my sister rode her bike with Nathan and Baylor (my nephew) in the bike carrier.  My overall pace was just under 8 minutes with my last mile coming in at 7:39.  I can't even remember the last time I saw the 7:30s on my garmin.

Monday:  3 mile run with Jacque.  It has been way too long since we have run together.  Jacque definitely talks the most out of any of my running partners.  I love it!  I mean she can tell long detailed stories and never gets out of breath.  I need to learn this trick.  Overall pace 8:14

Tuesday:  4.5 mile early run with Lisa and Alyssa.  This is the best I felt on a run with them in a long time.  I am so lucky to have such great running partners literally a few doors down from me.  Overall pace 8:09?  Not exactly sure because my garmin was acting up.

Wednesday:  rest

Thursday:  Best run of the week!  10 miles with Christy.  I felt so bad after last weeks run and was hoping this one would go better.  I really felt great except for the last 1-2 miles but even so our pace did not slow down much.  I don't think Christy ever slows down, she just keeps getting faster every mile.  Overall pace was 8:16.  My last mile was over one minute faster than my last mile last week.

Why do I think this week was so much better?
1.  It was 20 degrees cooler.  I know the heat slows everybody down but I feel like it affects me more than the average person.
2.  No Monday spin class.  My legs are usually sore after this work out.  I think that extra rest really helped.

Next week is spring break.  The kids are so excited!  We are headed to Chicago for a few days and then going to spend Easter in LaPorte.  I hope we all survive:)

1 comment:

  1. What a great running week!!! Thanks for allowing me to be part of your long runs. I have enjoyed my long run days so much more b/c of you. One of these days we will be doing a marathon together:) Have a great spring break week and I will look forward to another long run in 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete