Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Falling in Love Again

For the past 6+weeks, I had to pretend...  that I didn't love running, that I didn't need running, that I wasn't jealous of everyone else being able to run, that swimming and spinning were just as fun as running.

But today I know I was not being honest with myself because, I LOVE RUNNING!

It was a perfect running day.  Low 40s, no wind, and sunny.  It was the perfect day to have my first run outside in almost 2 months. I have been doing some running on the treadmill but this is not the same.  Running on the treadmill felt so hard.  Today running felt easy.

I have been struggling on the treadmill.  I thought maybe running would never be the same for me as it was before my injuries.  But today was different.  My comeback plan still called for a few walk breaks.  My running pace started around 8:40, much faster than my treadmill pace but felt nice and easy.  When it was time to walk, I did not want to.  But I forced myself take the walking breaks.  My last mile was a little too fast around 8:20 and my last .25 mile was way too fast at a 7:50 pace.  I just hope that my foot doesn't suffer from my little running high.

All day I have been on a running high. I miss this feeling.

On a side note, the energy in Indianapolis is amazing!  We went down to the super bowl village early this week and walked around and did the NFL experience.  What a great week.
The boys were too busy watching the zip line to look at the camera.
Nathan in deep thought about the lights.

1 comment: