Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

No Excuses

This was a busy week.  I guess every week seems busy, but this one did especially.  Why?  Well Ryan was  on a ski trip with his friends for the week.  Lucky guy, right?
Ryan on his way to Vail.


So I was a single, working mom of 3 this week.

I could have used this excuse to tell myself that I didn't have time to work out.  But I didn't.  I needed something to keep me sane.

Monday: The kids didn't have school today.  So I dragged them to the gym with me.  Our gym daycare is awesome.  They have a three story play gym, basketball courts, computers, tons of kid's toys, and a TV that they play a movie on.  They may protest on the way there but they have so much fun.  I did my spin class with my favorite instructor, Sharon.  Followed by a 30 minute core workout.  This class always makes me sore.

Tuesday:  30 minute run on the treadmill before the kids woke up.  The treadmill almost sucks all the fun out of running but I had not choice today.

Wednesday:  Rest.  Sort of... Still had to work, take Kaitlyn to gymnastics (Kaitlyn has gymnastics 4 days/week so there is a lot of driving), and take care of the all the other things that need to get done on a daily basis.

Thursday:  25 minute run on the gym treadmill.  Running on the treadmill at the gym seems so much easier than at home.  I was feeling great today and my legs loved it too!  I did not want to swim but I made myself because I haven't gotten in the pool in over 2 weeks.  If I still want to do a triathlon this summer, I need to keep some sort of swimming base.  I swam 1500 yards total.

Friday:  Spin class before work.  I pushed myself really hard again on the spin bike.  Since I can't push myself running yet,(Still on my return to running after a stress fracture plan)  At least I can really work hard on the spin bike.

Saturday:  Another spin class at the gym.  The kids were not happy that I made them wake up early on a weekend, but once again they had fun at the gym too.  I thought I would take it easy in this class but not possible with Sharon yelling things like...Come on give me 2 more minutes, come on you are an athlete, come on you don't want to have any regrets in life, etc etc...

Sunday: 30 minute Treadmill run at home.  Not the funnest or easiest, but still felt good once I finished.

I really want to increase my running mileage.  Running to me does not feel like working out.  But I will keep following my sad little training plan.  Hey next week I get to run 4 miles in a row!

I hope everyone had a good week!  Remember... No excuses.

1 comment:

  1. The actual workout routines defintely won’t be manufactured more productive in case selected pieces of equipment are not existing; why every single interested person need to ensure that one or perhaps a set of abdominal exercise equipment can be acquired to enable them to use.

    ReplyDelete