Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

5 Minute Run

I took almost 5 weeks off from running after my second stress fracture in 6 months and finally got the all clear to run again.

I am going to take it really slow this time.  I printed off Pfitzinger: Return to Running after a Stress Fracture.
The plan only has me running 3x/week.  The first several weeks have walk breaks scheduled into to each run.

Today's run consisted of 10 minute walk, 5 minute run, 5 minute walk, 5 minute run.  I ran on our new treadmill too.  I thought I would be so happy that I finally got to run again but I am very nervous.  My "broken" foot feels great but now I am having problems with my other foot.  Will I ever be able to run again without pain?

Also, those two brief 5 minute runs were hard.  I ran at a 8:57 pace and it didn't feel easy.  I was actually happy my plan was only to run for 5 minutes.  I really thought that spin class was enough to keep me in shape.

But, the good news is...I ran.  I will keep taking it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment